Sunday, December 25, 2005

Formats II

the very same picture, divided into 4 different pictures, 4 different compositions.
Believe it or not I decided this splitting while taking the picture.
I had an Hasselblad XPAN with me and I took a picture of these, guess which one.

XPAN format... documentaristic. It's definetly Venice

a 1:1 ratio... one more element added to the picture. A pigeon, still Venice, but with a presence that needs attention. Take a look at the stone pavement... stright lines between the volatile and palaces...

24x36, standard full frame format, for the Canon 1Ds MarkII @17mm.
Probably the less interesting. The eye fall on the tree on the left.


An interesting way to look at the image... The 65x24 format of the XPAN.
The pigeon is the subject, lines create a good frame around it, I love this kind of picture...
Nonetheless the place is probably well defined too, it could be some other places than Italy, I think that you know or fell that this should be Venice...



the last one was the picture I took with an Hasselblad XPAN on a Fuji Neopan 1600.
Very proud of it